Wednesday, January 29, 2003

This is my last day off living in this house. Ohhh exciting.
The other night I was sitting in the living room with the dog that I am dogsitting. (I am staying at his house until his owner comes home, only come back to this house for visits and to pack on my day off) So I am reading and I finish the story I am on and start bawling. I mean I was crying during the end of the story and whatnot, but now I really start like out and out bawling that you only do when you know you are the only human in the building. And Cocoa (the dog) comes over and sits at my feet and rests his head on my lap. I lean over and sort of drape myself over/on him crying still. He licks me a little and just lets me hang off of him sobbing. And this is a dog that would have been euthanized at any other shelter. He is aggressive with men, and can be stubborn. But he let me hang all over him, and didn't even try to get away. His previous owners are actuaklly still angry and resentful of him, over two years later. Because he is a "bad and spiteful" dog. They thought he was completely untrainable and a bad apple. FUCK THEM! Cocoa is far from perfect, but he is a decent dog. As so many of my "hopeless" ones are. I can't name three people that I have taken that sort of tolerance from while "having a moment".

No comments: