Friday, May 23, 2003

Animal Rescue/Welfare/Sheltering/Care, ... (maybe not rescue, but I don't know what to call it), can be a job, it can be a hobby, it can be a way of life. It can be all three, none of the above, or some combination. For me I think its some combination of all three. I work at an animal shelter, so very clearly its a job. I volunteer at a theraputic riding facility(so I can be close to the horses), have pets of my own, so it is a hobby as well. I take home animals that need extra tlc, I am fostering 3 kittens for my landladies, I take care of their horse, so its also a way of life for me. Some people at work see it as just a job. Other people see it as just a job, but think that other people should be devoted whole heartedly to it. I think I'm kind of the only one who really looks at it as all three. Or maybe others look at it as all three, only instead of focusing so much on the shelter, focus more of their attention on other aspects of it. I don't know. I konw that we all have our strengths and we all have our weaknesses, and we probably all are subject to being the one that a couple of the others are griping about. Things seem to get rather catty at times. I wish there could be less moaning and groaning behind each others backs, and more open, outright communitcation. It would help us all do a better job, we would get along better, all be that much less stressed. And if I were being told what people's gripe with me is, then atleast I won't be sitting here wondering wdhat they are thinking, what they are saying to each other about me. The underlying reason I would like more open communication seems selfish, and it is, although it has a perfectly logical aspect as well. Hmmm, how very interesting.

No comments: