Saturday, October 23, 2004

Stuff

Yesterday, I got home, and about 3 hours later, I had 2 flat tires... like, not a bit flat... we're talking the rims touching the ground totally flat. I had to have both tires replaced this mornin. My boss had taken this little westie puppy that came into the shelter with a major heart problem. He died on sunday night. Dory, aka Angus was only about 6-7 mths old. We have an upper respitory infection going around the shelter, most of the cats are sneezing. 2 of them are really quite sickly. One adult female, Casey, and one 7 wk old male, Thurgood. They both need sub-Q fluids 2 times a day, and medication. Yesterday, we had to resort to force feeding Casey. Today, she ate on her own for the first time in almost a week. My great aunt is dying of colon cancer. I haven't seen her since July of 2003. She only has a few weeks left to live... she ordered that they take out the IV today. She doesn't want to prolong things. I don't know yet whether or not I'm going to go see her. My apartment is cold, colder than the rest of the house.. I think there is something wrong with the heat, but I don't want to mentionanyhing yet until I have had a chance to really clean things up. My keyboard is hard to use. I have to hit the keys hard, like over pronunciating every word. If I try to type too quickly, and don't press hard enough, the letters don't come up. Maybe its time to get a new keyboard. I am lonely.

No comments: