Saturday, January 08, 2005

Can't we just spay the people?

About 3 yrs. ago, the shelter manager told me she was pregnant. She was out on maternity leave for 8 wks. Durng that time, I stepped in, with a coworker, and we handled it. Well, today I got the news...Wendy, the manager, is pregnant again. 3-4 mths along. She will be out for maternity leave sometime between May-July. This time though, we do not have an additional staff member to help cover the job. I am sure (thinking optomisticly here) that everyone will step up a bit and help, or that we will figure something out. If not.. I'm looking at working 7 days a week, and trying to not bash my head against the wall. LOL The rule at the shelter was that no one was allowed o get pregnant. Oh well. I feel kind of bad, cus Wendy was stressed about having to tell me, she thought I would freak out on her or something. I didn't really want her to think that, I just didn't really think that she would get pregnant again. I don't know why I thought that lol. Oh well, I will just deal with things as they come, instead of spending the next 5 months stressing over it.

No comments: