Monday, December 23, 2002

This is for all the lonely people, waiting for life to pass them by, Don't give up ...

Ok, so I don't actually know the words, and thats about all I can bring up in my memory at the moment, although now I have it playing over and over again in my head. Hrm.
There are so many people who are lonely. I mean, like enough people that if lonliness were an illness I believe it would be to pandemic porportions. So why do we all continue to stay lonely? If I walked into a crouded bar and announced that I would talk to anyone who was as lonely as I was, chances are, there would be half a dozen people who wanted to come talk. However, I would never do that, and if I did, I bet no one would actually come over and talk, even if they are lonely. Sure we are all looking for true love and whatnot, but why not make everyone who is not THE ONE friends along the way? If we surround ourselves with friends, we won't be so hurting for that perfect person, won't be as lonely along the way. And yet, we all continue in our mundane lives, ignoring and allowing so so many people to pass through without any real affect. How many people do we talk to every day, that we have no real signifigance too? People that we may see time and again, and yet, sometimes never even say hi. I went through one stage in the pit of my loneliness where I would wake up between 2-5 am every morning and just lay there and cry. I couldn't sleep through the night. I walked around with my sweatshirt hood up, sunglasses on, and my headphones on. No one ever talked to me. It was my own fault. I looked like I would beat them up if they did. Talk about making yourself unapproachable. I wouldn't accept a ride from people, people that I knew and worked with, even if it was raining. They thought I didn't like them.
So many lonely people, and yet, hardly ever do any of us reach out to the others. There should be a lonely people support group. They would meet once a week, for an hour or two, and just hang out, order pizza, maybe even take trips to the movies or whatnot. I bet a lot of people would find good friends or even a kindred spirit or two. It wouldn't carry the stigma of a dating service or personal adds, because thats not what it would be about. It would just be a group of other people who are lonely, maybe bored, maybe just looking for something to do and wanting to make a new friend or two. Thats all.

No comments: