Monday, February 10, 2003

Animal loving girl ironically mauled by cow she was trying to befriend
Thats what the headline for the newspaper almost said about me today. Haha. Where I am living now there are a few barnyard animals. They have a horse, a cow (with large horns), a few goats, a ram, and a Llama to name a few. Well today I wanted to go visit the horse. I had to go through the yard that contained all of the other formentioned animals. The Llama is very friendly, all of the animals are said to be friendly. So I get into the yard with all of these animals, and the only one near me is the llama. Thats all well and good. I am keeping a hand on the llama so he doesn't sneak up on me quickly, and because he is following me across the yard. The goats all get out of my way, and as I come around the back of the barn, the cow is standing their next to the horse fence. I say "Hi Betty Davis" because that is the cows name, and she turns and rushes at me!!! I don't know if she was doing like elephants do where they will do a fake charge if you are bothering them, or if she meant to come get me or if she was just being friendly, but I wdasn't gonna stand around and find out. So I naturally run about 10 steps in the other direction, and then stop the panic and turn and put a hand up and say "woah Betty, easy girl". She stops and just looks at me. So I now get behind the llama, so she atleast has to get through him to get to me, and then slowly work my way out of the yard. It took me like another 10 minutes to manuver out of the yard because I had to stay facing the cow, and watch where the llama was as well. When I finally got out of the yard my knees where shaking. LOL. I think I will wait until the landlady is out in the yard with the animals before I try that again. Oiy. Lol it was so freaking funny. All I wanted to do was go visit the horse, and maybe pet the cow and the llama a little. The landladies told me that it was ok for me to go back there, and that everyone was friendly and everything. Jeepers.

No comments: