Wednesday, October 22, 2003

"I can't feel... the way I did before... Don't turn your back on me..."

Theres this chow mix at work. He reminds me soo much of Cubby. I know he is himself, and not Cubby, but, my heart goes out to him. He is definatly a chow mix, and he knows it, unfortunatly. If he wasn't so chowish in temperment, then he would probably have been adopted already. He's been at the shelter since July. I keep having.. flashforwards I guess. Not exactly a flash back of Cubby, but I can see the same thing happening with Butch. Or, it being the same basic story. I'm so afraid to like him. So afraid to give him any extra TLC. He needs it, but I don't know that I want to put myself into that position again. I already have to a certain extent, working with him on the "leave it" command. I can't have a dog. I don't even have time for my cat or my rabbit or my turtle. So I definatly don't have time for a dog. Also, I'm not allowed to have a dog where I live, and my apartment is way to small, and my cat HATES dogs. I mean, Butch is great with cats, but my cat would try to kill him. I hope he gets adopted soon. The longer he is at the shelter, the more attached I will get. And sometimes, even after 6 years, I can't prevent it. Logic doesn't work, and for some reason I can't build up the walls around my heart to fend them off. For now I will have to limit my contact with him I guess. I just don't know what else I could do.

No comments: