Saturday, October 11, 2003

Memories

Memories are strange. Sometimes we remember the most random details of our life. For instance, Living on BI, I remember:
Getting icecream with my mom at "The Icecream Place" (yes, thats the name of it) and wanting a sugar cone but getting a wafer cone.
Wanting Bubblegum Icecream.
Making my mom lick the icecream cone because I couldnt keep up with the dripping.
Offering her a taste of my icecream for a taste of hers.
Going into the restaurant and asking "can I get some cheeeeesseee luiseeee."
The taste of rice cakes with peanutbutter and honey on them.
The wooden honey stick in the drawer next to the sink.
The deeeep sink in the bathroom in the restaurant.
Learning to blow bubbles in my gum in the restaurant.
Singing Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer, while hiding under the counter, sneaking sugar packets.
Spinning on the stools.
Kristina biting her tongue so hard I thought she was dying.
Jess eating a rock, then eating cat food.
Trying to sneak out of my friend's house in the middle of the night because her mom was babysitting me. She stationed her oldest son on the couch to catch me. I still got out.
The orange and white longhaired kitten that we kept in the bathroom. We had to give him away because we couldn't let him out, and we couldn't keep him inside.
Being terrified of Daddy cat.
My mom eating junior mints, until last year I thought she liked mint chocolate like I do because of that.. it turns out she sometimes like junior mints... but in general, does not like mint + chocolate.
Laying on the living room floor crying because I didn't know if my father was dead or alive.
Hating the color green because I left my paints outside under the picnic table, and the green got ruined in the rain.
Trying to dig a hole in the sand while I had a hangnail on my pinkey and how much it hurt.
A lot of crazy, stupid, insignificant little things. All from before I was 5 yrs old. People need to realize how much they affect even young children. Children are sponges. And everyone that they meet may have a major affect on them.

No comments: