Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Alright, so I made what I would consider a huge stride in my grieving for my dog today. Some people may think it is simply a step in regression, but bah.
Ok so anyway, with the large step. I went to the shelter, ( I know it was my day off, but it was far too nice out and I couldn't have taken this step on a day I was working) and took a dog out for a walk. Its the first time since Cubby was euthanized that I have voluntarily taken a dog out. And you know what? It felt good. The dog was well behaved, better than he is at the shelter, and I got to learn a little about the dog, and sort of felt like I was honoring my Cubby dog by not turning a cold shoulder on the rest of the dogs who may just need some tlc while at the shelter. No one can ever tell me that shelter animals are actually unloved. I love all of them.

No comments: