Wednesday, December 11, 2002

I have noticed a slightly disturbing sign being put up around here... "Emergency Evacuation Route" with an arrow pointing where to go. I see these signs on the highway and such. So some friends and I were talking about them, and we came to a realization. If these signs were due to threats from storms (such as nor'easters and hurricanes as we are on the ocean) they would just lead inland, and leave it at that. However, they lead to an "Emergency Evactuation Shelter" instead. So are these signs up so that we know where to go if we are faced with military attack? Another disturbing thing I have noticed. I live on an island, attached to the mainland and one other much larger island by two bridges. There are no count them 0 emergency evactuation signs on the island I live on. Its not a terribly large island. Lol. I would like to know exactly what made the government decide to build an emergency evacuation shelter and put signs up all over the place, and why there are none where I live. Heh, I was thinking of calling the town hall just to see what they would say. LOL So are we expecting a few really bad storms, or simply expecting to be under attack and need somewhere to hide and be safe. And do they figure that by living on an island we are all pretty screwed and the bridges will just be shut down so whats the point of trying? Bah I pretend to care in my more sane moments. I know I care, but at the moment, I am tired and numb and can't be bothered. Argh.

No comments: