Monday, January 06, 2003

Alright, so I was cleaning my room, putting things away and the usual stuff that one does while cleaning... and I had this shirt that (yes i know, Still, because the dog has been dead for almost four, yes count them four, months) has some Cubby fur on it. The last time I went to put this shirt on, I saw that it had the fur on it, and I folded it back up, and put it back on top of the drawer. (Things were crazy, I don't have enough room, and was in the middle of trying to get ready for something so it didn't end up back in the drawer) I could't throw out the hair. I just couldn't do it. Today, as I was cleaning, I was putting all of my clothes in the drawers. (because I do actually know that thats where they really belong, not piled on top of the dresser or in a heap on the floor next to the bed) I came to that shirt and held it up and looked at it for a moment. I went to fold it up and put it away (with the fur still on it) and I paused and looked at Cubby's picture for a minute. Then I layed the shirt on my bed, and used a piece of tape to pick up the Cubby hair. There were only a few strands, not like a lock of hair or anything. I folded up the tape, and just sort of held it for a minute. Touched the hair, closed my eyes and pictured the dog, imagined wrapping my arms around him and burrying my face in his neck, and remember what that felt like. I let out a deep sigh and put the hair and tape in the garbage. Folded the shirt and put it away. It will be 4 months next Thursday. And I think, I just might get through this ok after all. Everything really might be ok.

No comments: